In this day and age of Coronavirus, we are fraught with uncertainties and fears that crop up daily, even momentarily. We are inundated with a lack of work, financial security, and an uncertain future. Many families and friends are separated due to a lack of safety, and isolation exists- and it’s hard to relate to. With Mother’s Day tomorrow, I have some suggestions that will warm your heart and lift your spirits.
When you think of stress, what comes to mind? Where do you usually feel stress in your body? Your answers may change, especially in recent times if you are stressed and in need of human connection. What thoughts give you peace and comfort, especially when thinking of your mother (or mother-figure)?
I work with individuals, couples, and families who deal with family trauma or the outcome of living with unhealthy patterns. In Psychotherapy, we discover ways couples and families can best relate and heal what ails them. This includes statements of each individual’s truth, and developing better listening and creative problem-solving skills working through the issues.
Here’s Some Possible Thank You’s for Your Mom (or Your Surrogate):
Thank you, Mom, for all these and many more gifts…
- For wanting me and giving me life.
- For taking care of me when I was young and in need of you.
- For giving me the best in you when you could.
- Be teaching me by example and with instruction, both silly and important things.
- Giving me some tools to move on, get ahead, learn a life lesson, or enjoy what was right in front of me.
- Ways you taught me by example; reminding me to be the best parts of myself.
- For growing and teaching me that there is always room for wisdom and growth.
- For being there for me, when I really needed it, and still need mothering.
- Thank you for teaching me to drink in the beauty of nature and its exquisite process of growth and rebirth.
- And for showing me all of yourself and your beauty, even the parts still growing.
- For letting me learn and grow my way, knowing that I can continue to learn, too.
- For loving me, as I have loved you, throughout it all.
Happy, Healthy Mother’s Day to My Mom and to All of the Mom’s Out There (past, present, and future)~ Reach out to me if you need a Therapist to talk with or process your feelings. Most insurances will reimburse you for sessions with me. Scroll to the contact Form and Reach Out. www.LiveInspiredwithNina.com